Wednesday, June 8

random thoughts

Okay, since I haven't posted for a few days and since there isn't really anything in particular that's made me think, "Oh man! I have got to blog about this," I offer a few random thoughts about a wide variety of topics from today's readings and other sources...

Home:
My mom and sister have arrived in San Diego to help my wife with the birthday party for this weekend. I so wish I could be home for that, not to mention the other aspects of being physically home this summer.

Politics:
Not that I'm against the Democratic Party tasting their own shoe polish from time to time, but Mr. Dean should learn to just shut up every now and again. You know it's bad when Sen Biden is basically saying the same thing.

Sports:
It figures that the year when I'm going to miss the entire baseball season, the Padres are actually in first place, up by 3 1/2 games in the NL West as of today. Of course, I am also spared having to watch my beloved Reds fall to 15 1/2 games off the pace in the NL Central, so maybe it's not all bad. I'll get home just as football is really getting interesting... Go Eagles!

Faith:
I believe that God will see me through the rest of this deployment and reunite me with the wife and children He has used to bless my life. I have used some of my free time to learn basic guitar chords. Perhaps some day we will be able to sing songs around a camp fire as a family.

Well, I guess that's about it for now. As you can see, I'm clearly in the throws of the "mid-deployment blues." It sometimes happens right around this stage in a deployment. We've been here for just over 100 days and we have a little over 100 more before we go back to SoCal. Of course, I do have Friday to look forward to for a few reasons... but I'll save that until then.

8 comments:

DBFrank said...

Hey Bill, glad to see there's 'no news' to report, just that old boring wife, kids, God stuff ;)
I am sorry to see you are an Eagles fan (hey, I'm from PA I can say stuff like that).
Thanks for blogrolling me, hadn't noticed it till Mike pointed it out to me. I added you to mine. God bless you!

poopie said...

Hey Bill..Keep the faith. ^j^

Robin said...

I'm praying for you Bill.

phoenix said...

Bill, we are all praying that every single one of you come home safe. The spirit for all you guys over there is still way up in this part of the hemisphere. Bless you and all the boys over there.
Added you to my blogroll - Hugs

Duke_of_Earle said...

Hi Bill,

I see you're making the rounds of some of my other blog buddies. Consider yoursel on my blogroll as well.
As an old (Vietnam era) Navy vet (I flew f-4s off the Forrestal) I truly appreciate what you're doing in Iraq.
God bless you!
John

Monica said...

Thank you for serving! By the grace of God my son finally came home and you will, too!

I'll tell you as a soldier's mom (who's younger son plans on the Marines), that you're all my kiddos and this is how I end my letters to you:
Take care,
Take God,
Love, Mom

Keep safe.

Tammy said...

My prayers are will you Bill and I do believe God will get you to your family.

Cylithria Dubois said...

Hi Bill ~ Steelcowboy led me in your direction and I am gald he did. You're past the 100 day mark and heading towards short timer status, oorah! (I'm a Marine Corps Brat if you can't tell) Thank you to you, your brothers and sisters in arms and to all of your (and their) family members. All of you truly are my heros!!!