Tuesday, January 31

This week (in baseball?)

Do they still make that show? It was called TWIB, which stands for This Week in Baseball. I don't even remember which network it was on, but I remember that the show was about an hour and had highlights from the week in baseball (as the name might suggest) and kept you updated on the latest baseball news like trades or significant injuries and stuff like that. Anyway... I digress.

We've got an interesting week planned this week. The Anniversary of the 1st Marine Division is this week and our battalion has been designated as the host this year. I don't think we have to plan the big parade for Thursday, but we do get to have the veterans of the Division hang out with us for a couple of days and try to assure them that the Marine Corps is just as good today as it was back when they wore the blue diamond. We have a captain who's about to get promoted and the first thing he's going to do as a major will be to reenlist one of his corporals. Wish I could say that was my idea, but it wasn't. Still, it should be pretty motivating for all the Marines who get to see it. Anyway, I'll let you know how the week went once we get to the other end of it. Hope you all have a great week and let me know what's going on out there. They won't let me out of my cage anymore... I tend to run off.

3 comments:

EV said...

You have a great week too, Bill! 'sounds busy.

Anonymous said...

I hate getting locked in the cage myself....
:)

RR said...

Haha, remember TWIB Notes? Man, I haven't thought about those in ages. Anyhow, I came here by way of the Tempermental Blender blog, which I went to by way of Have Suitcase...Will Travel.

I'm just posting to say thanks for bringin back TWIB memories and, more importantly, thanks for serving your country. I'm glad that there are men and women like you who are willing to risk their lives so that I can sit safely at home, enjoying my freedom.