Saturday, January 14

Quick word.

I've got duty today so I won't be able to babysit my kids while my wife and mother-in-law go see "The Lion King." That also means that I'll be short on sleep tomorrow and I will probably be late getting to church to play for the 9:00 service. I'll get there as soon as I can, Jerry.

Sometimes I really dislike my job. If I was a civilian HR guy I'd have the whole weekend off. Period.

Oh well. Someone has to stand this post to make sure the phone doesn't ring or whatever it is I'll end up doing today.

6 comments:

Cylithria Dubois said...

Ugh - phone watch sucks Bill!!! Has to be the worst boring duty out there... or one of them LOL

Tyr and have a good weekend anyway and thanks for de-lurking ;)

Fred said...

You're right; I had most weekends off. I used to he an HR weenie; the only hiccup was when I'd have to sometimes fly out on a Sunday night.

EV said...

Phone watch ..... grrrrrr.

Laura said...

Phone duty. Boring, but pretty safe, right? My son-in-law has CQ this weekend. Why does all hell break loose at home when that happens? Such as the kids running high temps, coming down with a stomach virus, or falling off their bikes? My daughter thinks it's perfect timing on my son-in-law's part. Heh.

DBFrank said...

Happy Monday!

Duke_of_Earle said...

Personally, I'm glad I'm an HR guy. But I'm a lot more proud of you and the many like you who are doing what you do. As they say, freedom isn't free, and you're one of those paying the price. I thank you often, especially when I'm off on the golf course on Saturday while you're on duty!

John