Monday, January 23

Monday, Monday...

La, la... la, la, la, la!

I was right! I don't get to say that very often when it comes to pro football, but I got it 100% right this weekend. Now, we'll just have to see what happens in Detroit in two weeks. I'm going to put my foot in my mouth right now and say that the Steelers win by 10. Any takers?

Back to work again this morning. Should be a good day though. I have two reenlistments scheduled this morning for some of our key enlisted leadership and I need to get to the gym for lunch, but the rest of the day should be relatively quiet. Of course, having said that, I've just cursed myself with a hundred new check-ins or something along those lines. Oh well. That's why they call it "work" right?

Hope you all have a great week.

6 comments:

Fred said...

I'll take Pittsburgh.

EV said...

Yep, that's why they call it work. Say, I thought of your predictions after the games Sunday - nice job.

DBFrank said...

As much as I'd like the 'Hawks to win, I'll have to agree, Pittsburgh looks like the better team at this point.

Bill said...

Thanks, Mike, for the vote of confidence. Normally once the Eagles are out I quit paying attention but this year the stories behind the teams in the AFC hunt kept me tuned in. Talk about the ultimate in reality TV... it's almost like "Survivor-Detroit" or something.

Nerdine said...

hmm - all the sport news I've gotten this weekend has to do with skis in some way or another... Biathlon, skijump, cross-country, downhill, slalom etc etc. Gets tiring aftar a while. And it's only 3 weeks to the olympics... *sigh* I bet that after the olympics you could just mention the word ski and I'll be heading for the bathroom. almost...

Jamie Dawn said...

From what I've heard, it seems like the Steelers are the favorite to win. I may even watch some of the game. It will be the first football I've watched in years. I hope the game is a close one; a real nail biter.

Happy Birthday! Enjoy your Claim Jumper gift card. That restaurant has such great food and HUGE servings.