Thursday, January 12

Latest and greatest

Hmm, let's see...

Not really that much going on around here right now. Now that the holiday leave block is over everyone is back to work and we're starting our training cycle for the next deployment (or "pump") later this year. My wife is back at church working again, although her schedule has changed a little to make better use of her time. She's still working three days a week, but different days, and she is also helping with the production of our "Overdrive" service on Saturdays which gives me some quality time with our kids while she's gone. We still haven't gotten our insurance check, so now we're starting to wonder what's going on. After all, we still have a down payment to make on our new car, plus the regular payments start in a couple of weeks. Watch, now that I've said something we'll probably get paid today.

Okay, maybe there is a lot going on around here. It just seems like not much because it's stuff we deal with all the time and doesn't really seem that interesting. Even as I type this out I'm fighting off yawns. Then again, maybe that's from not sleeping very well for the last couple of nights.

UPDATE: I shoulda checked my bank account before I wrote about not getting out insurance check. Like the old spaghetti sauce commercial says, "It's in there."

2 comments:

Laura said...

You put little old me on your blog? Thanks Bill. I listed you too. I'm from a long line of Navy; but, you'll do in a pinch.

Mike's America said...

Bill: You are invited to commemorate the 25th Anniversary of the first Inauguration of President Ronald Reagan, January 20, 2006.

You're welcome to use the image from the post in any manner you see fit and to invite any others who may wish to participate.

http://mikesamerica.blogspot.com/2006/01/next-week-we-celebrate-beginning-of.html