Saturday, July 30

USA today

Ladies and Gentlemen, this story was written after Mr. Z spent about a week among the Marines here in Ramadi. Despite my railings against the media in general, I found Gregg's article to be well written and very acurate. After he left us, he emailed several of his sources (myself included) to verify facts and ask follow-up questions. The end result is, I think, a good picture of what the warriors of this battalion have been going through for the last couple of years. Being the leading edge of the tip of the spear is taxing on everyone involved... even (and maybe especially) the family members we leave behind.

My wife has been feeling the strain lately as trying to fill the role of two parents at once has been draining her reserves as well. If you have a minute, please jump over to her blog and post some encouraging words. I know she'd appreciate it and so would I.

5 comments:

DBFrank said...

Thanks for the links Bill.
Off to your wife's blog...
Blessings!

Joe said...

Heard you just had an anniversary.

Happy anniversary!

Thank you for serving! We are proud of you.

Duke_of_Earle said...

Done, Bill. I understand the strain on BOTH of you.

John

Bill said...

Thanks, guys. Appreciate the support!

DBFrank said...

Hey there Bill. Glad to hear from you. Was a tad worried, what with the goings on the last couple of days over in the sandbox.
Appreciate your comments on my last post about the chaplain, and just wanted to let you know that I support what you are doing, just in case there was any doubt :)
My objective in posting things like that? To get each of us to think, about ourselves, just a touch.
Evil cannot be allowed to flourish unchecked, certainly?
God bless you my friend, my brother in Christ.
Rock on!