Monday, July 18

My, look at the time!

I didn't realize that it's been almost a week since my last update. Sorry about that. I don't have any excuse, good or bad, so I won't try to make one up right now. So, what's been going on? Simply put, not much. That's a good thing though so I'll take it. When there's not much going on out here that means I don't have to update our memorial wall or help inventory the gear of a Marine who's been injured and sent back to the States (or killed), so not having much going on is a very good thing.

But that doesn't mean the world has stopped does it?

Lance Armstrong is still in the overall lead in his quest for an unprecedented 7th consectutive Tour de France victory. Yeah! Leave to an American to show Europe how to ride a bicycle in the "rolling countryside" of France.

The All-Star game has come and gone. I was worried that the Padres wouldn't be able to pick up where they'd left off, but they split the series with Arizona, so we're okay. The Reds? Um, yeah... Moving on...

My wife has told me that I'll probably be moving again within six months of getting home. If memory serves, we moved into our current house about three months after I got home from Iraq two years ago. If the pattern holds then that means I'll be trying to load a U-Haul instead of hanging my Christmas lights. You'll pardon me if that idea doesn't get me too excited.

My parents celebrated their 37th anniversary last week. How? They got tickets to the NASCAR race in Ky! I'm glad they had a good time. My mom says she's now hooked on this "Non-Athletic-Sport-Centered-Around-Rednecks" (I heard someone say that once and I thought it was funny although way wrong.

The media and the Democrats have teamed up to beat President Bush over the head with this whole Karl Rove thing. Whatever... 'nuf said.

Finally, Hurricane Dennis ran through and now we're waiting on Hurricane Emily. My thoughts and prayers go out to those of you who were/are in the path of nature's fury. Oh! That's what it was! I was planning to write about the shuttle mission, but since it got scrubbed I kinda lost my motivation. Eh, all's well that ends well, right?

Hope you have a great week and I'll try to be a little more timely with my updates.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting...I'd rather hear ramblings about nothing than, well, nothing at all. With nothing at all, we've only got the news to fuel our imaginations and you know how THAT goes. Love you - stay safe.

Jen said...

Bill, you know I miss you dearly and can't wait for you to get home but I have to say, I'm not missing the Tour de Lance. I see the commercials and they make me think of you, but it's definitely not on! Of course, I'll be overjoyed when foozeball is on the tv. Mamma says no foozeball....it's ub da debil!!

Robin said...

I'm with Theresa, nice to hear posts about nothing that hear nothing at all. Glad to hear it has been quiet for you.

Nic said...

First time visitor from a mutual blogfriend Capt. Picard. Enjoy your blog. I admire and respect that you put your life on the line to help others become free and to keep us safe. May God be with you and your family as y'all are separated from each other during this time. Keep safe, come home soon and God bless.

DBFrank said...

Glad things are quiet for ya'll! Stay safe my friend.

Anonymous said...

Yeah rather hear rambling because this ain't a case of "no news is good news"...glad you're doing okay.

NASCAR...Woo Doggie...now that's a way to spend an anniversary..good on them!

Duke_of_Earle said...

Quiet is good. At least, that's true when you make "a living...sorta" in the way you do.
Nice post -- even the rambling parts!