Saturday, July 9

Schemes, dreams, and other nice things

Sometimes I am impressed by the human spirit. Especially the spirit of the Marines with whom I serve. See, we have about 3 months to go before we are scheduled to go back home, but the battalion is already making plans to celebrate the Marine Corps' birthday in November. We have announced the location of this year's ball, and we are even asking that Marines buy their tickets before we load the planes to go home, so there will be time to arrange seating and add any special guests before the hotel begins to make their preparations.

See, for those of you who may not know, the United States Marine Corps is very big on tradition and ceremony, and when we have a ceremony that is also a tradition? Whoa! Just be careful. The Marine Corps birthday ball is like your senior prom, grad night, class reunion, and a toga party... all rolled into one. Great times.

Yessir, looking forward to these last 82 days going by, but I know that the closer we get to going home, the further away it will seem, and then eventually... BAM! It'll be over and we'll be home.

8 comments:

Jen said...

What? You mean you're not coming home tomorrow? But I need to go to Costco!

Anonymous said...

Hi Bill
I just wanted to say hello. I hope u r doing well.
Manda =)

Robin said...

I hope it flies by!

Anonymous said...

We're trying to work out baby sitting for you for the ball. :-)

Live, Love, Laugh said...

Be Safe, you and your fellow Marines are appreciated and in our prayers!

DBFrank said...

May a day seem like a moment my friend.

Bill said...

Thanks, guys. Ironically, I'm guessing that the hardest 30 days will be the last 30 days.

Bill said...

Thanks, guys. Ironically, I'm guessing that the hardest 30 days will be the last 30 days.