Saturday, July 23

Everybody's working for the weekend

Happy Saturday!

My lovely wife is off on a retreat with some of her friends for a MOPS planning session. That means several moms who are gathered together to talk about their kids without having to actually deal with them for a whole weekend. Jen needs the break and conversation that's not constantly peppered with phrases like, "Trey! No!" and, "Leah, get down from there!" This leaves me free to type a few things on my blog here for general consumption.

Speaking of my wife, she sent me a link to this site that will tell you what your name is if you are a wizard. Just for the record, you may refer to me as Oliver Flint. Don't ask me how they came up with that, but there it is.

Now that I'm on the downhill slide toward home, I've been thinking about what I'm most likely to do when I get there. Aside from the obvious wish list of greeting my kids and spending some time with my wife, I'm thinking of trying to get to a ball game and see the Padres host the Dodgers for the last series of the season. I haven't been to a game in over two years and I have not yet been to our relatively new ballpark downtown, either. This would be a chance to kill two proverbial birds with one preverbial stone.

Hope you have a great weekend and thank you for your continued support for those of us who are over here serving in a cause that we believe in and defending a country that we love.

3 comments:

Robin said...

When my kids were younger MOPS was a lifesaver! Glad to hear your wife is enjoying it too!

This is Arabella Weasley, your humble wizard, signing off. :)

DBFrank said...

Sounds like the Mrs. is getting a much needed recharge :)
Glad you are doing well Bill. Our prayers be with you and your fellows.

steve said...

Peter Bell??? My name is Peter Bell???