Wednesday, December 28

Christmas unwrapped

As I said yesterday, hope you all had a great Christmas. Here are some pics from our holiday spent together.

Our family room all dressed up for Christmas


Okay, so this is actually Christmas Eve, but don't they look great?


My beautiful wife. Don't believe the t-shirt ;)


My mother-in-law. I'm so fortunate to have in-laws I actually like :)


For a family man, this is what Christmas is all about.




And finally, the obligatory portrait of the author. My son took this shot.

Kinda sad that he's only four but takes better pictures than his old man does :)

I can't help but remember that there are thousands of Marines who weren't so fortunate this year to get to spend the Holidays with their families. I thank God for every day He gives me with my children. As much as they step on my nerves sometimes, I can't imagine not being able to see the joy on their little faces as they open their gifts and get excited for everyone else as we open ours. I resolve to try and see more of the world through their eyes in 2006.

Speaking of resolutions, what are some of yours?

9 comments:

Fred said...

Great pictures. Looks like a nice Christmas.

No resolutions here. I always forget about or break them so I gave up on that tradition years ago. As long as I'm with The Missus on New Year's Eve, that's all that matters.

Manda said...

I am glad that you guys had a great Christmas. My resolutions are always the same, but I can never stick to them....lol.

Seeker said...

Very nice pix. The kids look like perfect "angels".
Oh, and I like the marines on the Christmas tree.

DBFrank said...

Great pics Sir! Hope you have a great New Years.

EV said...

Cute pics, thanx for sharing, Bill! Happy New Year, Buddy.

Stacey said...

Your kids are so cute.

Andrea said...

Hey there. It looks like you had a wonderful holiday. We did too. It was a quiet day spent together. :) No big plans for New Years, friends and card games are about it. Resolutions, hmm...have more patience with everyone and eat less! LOL! If I can stick to just one of these I'll be happy! Take care! Love and Miss!

Robin said...

Bill,

What a lovely family you have! I'm so glad that you were able to spend this Christmas home with your family. A friend of mine got a special treat this Christmas when her husband's National Guard unit was sent home early, just in time for Christmas. Having inlaws you like is definitely a blessing! Sounds like you had a very Merry Christmas. Here's to wishing you a Happy New Year! (To answer your question, I don't make resolutions anymore. I just take each day as it comes.)

Duke_of_Earle said...

Good stuff, Bill. And good pics. I'm glad you got to spend this Christmas at home!

Happy New Year.

John