Monday, December 19

maybe next time

I hope to have more time later to post a better entry, but for now let me just say that Saturn makes an awesome SUV called the VUE (pronounced "view"). My wife was sitting at a stop light last week waiting her turn when some knucklehead tried to take the corner too fast (from the wrong lane), skipped the curb that acts as a median, and smashed into my family. Had my son been in the vehicle, this would not have a happy ending since the offending pickup destroyed his door (right behind my wife's head) and literally crushed his carseat, shattering every window and spraying my baby with glass. Still, everyone managed to walk away and now we just have to get through the insurance hassles associated with such a huge crash.

Does anyone know any good lawyers in the San Diego/Orange County area?

Having said all that, we spent yesterday afternoon car shopping while Grandma watched the kids so I didn't get to actually watch the Bengals clinch their first division title since my senior year in high school, or the Chargers dash the hopes of Colts fans every where for a perfect season. I did catch glimpses of the "game" between the 'Boys and the 'Skins. I say "game" because it looked more like a practice session for Washington. I also got to watch most of Da Bears and the Falcons. Man, that looked cold. So glad I live in San Diego.

6 comments:

Manda said...

I am glad they are ok. Good luck on car shopping!

EV said...

What a blessing that everyone is OK!

Dallas didn't even show-up for the Boys and 'Skins game. Did you see Bill Parcells glare at Newman. Monday , I'm sure, was not pleasant in Valley Ranch.

Take care, my friend!

DBFrank said...

Thank the Lord all were fine..
'Scuse me, but uhm... did them Bengals HAVE to whup up on my Lions that badly, eh? How embarrassin'..

Chad said...

Glad everyone walked away.

Can't find a lawyer in California? I would think you couldn't swing a dead cat without hitting at least three ambulance chasers . . .

Merry Christmas.

Greg - Cowboy in the Jungle said...

Damn Dude! Sorry about the accident and the coming insurance hassles, but glad you are all safe for the holidays.

I'm sure that must cause you to question your stateside safety. After just making it back from a war zone (safely and successfully) then having this happen to your family. Must be hard to relax and let your guard down.

Be good STAY SAFE and have a very Merry Christmas.

Oh, and thanks for the Christmas present you sent this year. I think Freedom is the best thing under the tree!

Bill said...

Thanks, guys. I'd say sorry about the Bengals/Lions game, but when the city encourages the fans to wear orange instead of blue, what did you expect?