Thursday, December 8

what happened?

Okay, so I guess this just isn't the year for the Eagles to climb all the way to the top of the NFC again and take the Trophy home in February. I suppose they could have lost even worse (ala UCLA) so at least that's a positive, right? Good thing the Chargers and Bengals are both doing well and Ohio State managed to get yet another ticket to the Fiesta Bowl. I believe that's three trips to Tempe in the last four years. They beat Miami there in 2002 for the Title (still dancing about that), then they went back in '03 and '04 for non-title games. I don't remember where they played this year, must have had something to do with the fact that I'd just received my orders to 1/5... I was a little distracted. Anyway, this year should be a great game against the Fighting Irish of Notre Dame. Hope I get to watch it.

I got the lights hung on the house last week. I'd take a pic and post it, but I need to replace a fuse and about a dozen light bulbs first. I tell ya, with it getting dark so early out here (before I get home) it's hard to get stuff done outside during the week. The house looks kinda Charlie Brown-ish while our neighbors to either side are more like Snoopy. Jen's done a great job with the trees and other inside stuff. Plus, it's Christmas time and I've got some leave coming up, so I don't care. :-)

On a different note, I finally got my computer up and running again at work. Turned out I needed a new motherboard. That's good to know... what's a motherboard? Anyway, the computer guys fixed it up for me and now I'm back being productive (or at least looking busy) at work. Speaking of which, I should probably get going.

2 comments:

EV said...

I think you're real safe on your Eagles prediction, Bill. Hey, what about the Army Navy game?? 42-23, Navy. ^5!!!

Bill said...

Saw that. And since the Buckeyes didn't play, all's well in the NCAA arena.