Monday, October 10

grrrrrrrr....

That figures... last weekend was a good one for me as far as sports go and it ALL fell apart this week.

The Padres were swept out of the playoffs in three quick games. Along that train of thought, if you think about it, the Braves kinda got to play five games against the Astros. I mean the fourth one was more like a double-header, but still they played five games worth of baseball.

The Buckeyes came back from their week off and only scored 10 points? That ain't gonna cut it against the Nittany Lions. Maybe this is Penn State's year. They certainly look strong enough.

The Eagles... yeah, whatever. I think Donovan McNabb should get his surgery and stop trying to be the hero. If he's only out 4-6 weeks he'd be back in time for a playoff run but the way they're playing right now makes me think they're not going to the post-season.

So my hopes for a redemption of the weekend fell on the shoulders of the hometown heroes, the undefeated Cincinnati Bengals. And they fell short.

Hence the title of this post: grrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

At least I've got the day off today and tomorrow's a family day for the battalion at the beach.

3 comments:

DBFrank said...

But on a bright note, the Lions won. Or the Ravens gave them the game.
I'll take what I can get.
:)

Bill said...

Man, my adopted hometown Chargers even managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. There was enough yellow on the field between their lightning bolts and the Steelers' pants, but those stupid little flags kept coming out anyway. Double grrrr.

Chad said...

As my grandpa used to say, I don't have a dog in those fights. But I have been catching every hockey game on TV and here at home.

The Stars split two home games, one to the LA Kings.

Hope things get better. Don't forget the sun screen.