Wednesday, July 12

Until we meet again

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is my last post from home for awhile. The United States Gov't believes it is in this nation's best interest for me to ply my career counseling skills while deployed overseas... again.

If there's a positive to this story it is that I am not going to Iraq this time. I'm going to the Far East. Good thing there's nothing going on over there! (Please note: that was sarcasm.) Now, before you read into anything I've written here let me be frank with you. We are going to be the ground force for the command that assisted with the tsunami relief last year and other humanitarian type missions. This is all part of a normal deployment cycle and it gives this battalion a break from the combat operations they've been involved in almost non-stop for the past three years.

I will try to keep this blog updated as often as I can while overseas. If nothing else, it gives me something to do and allows my family to check in on me without the outrageous phone bills. In the mean time, please keep my wife and children in your thoughts and prayers. Feel free to say hi from time to time.

Peace!

6 comments:

Manda said...

Good luck on your Far East adventures. Hopefully nothing crazy will happen. Be Safe!!!!

Fred said...

Good luck, Bill. Take care of yourself.

Jumpin' On My Last Nerve said...

God Bless & Keep You. You, Jen, Trey & Leah will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Raggedy said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I am proud of you! Take care, God Bless, and be safe!
Hugs are for you and your family.
*^_^
(=':'=) meow hugs
(")_ (")Š from da Raggedy one

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you! I know you are in God's hands and He will protect you. Be strong, courageous, and honorable. I'm sad for Jennie and the kids and I know they will miss you ENORMOUSLY. We pray for you and yours daily - almost hourly at times. I LOVE YOU!

Chad said...

Good luck and God speed back home.

From the sandbox to the beach? What a life!