Wednesday, November 16

Hump day musings

Oh man, what a great weekend! I'd like to take a public minute to thank my wonderful parents for staying with the kids for three days while my wife and I escaped to Las Vegas for the weekend. THANK YOU! We went up there because to celebrate the 230th anniversary of the United States Marine Corps and it was a great time. I've been to several birthday balls over the years (especially when I was in the band) and this was definitely one of the better ones I've seen. Interestingly enough, we didn't hit any of the table games or even the slot machines all weekend, although I must admit that on Sunday morning, there did seem to be a large congregation praying to their one-armed god and hoping for a miracle (read: "slot-machines" and "pay-out"). Anyway, there was good food, free drinks, and just an all around good time. I'll post some pictures once I have a chance to download them from my camera.

Now on to some other news...

First, there's this whole thing about T.O. no longer wearing an Eagles jersey. I was wondering when we picked him up how long he would last in Philly. I agree with what someone said on Sportscenter when they opined that maybe this whole mess was the fault of his agent (who was fired) as much as his own.

We saw "Jarhead" last weekend as a precursor to the ball. Pretty good flick, although there were some serious exagerations about a few things. Unfortunately, the language was not one of them.

I was reading this story on my yahoo page... Ewwww!

I was also reading this article about the Senate asking the President to outline his plan for winning in Iraq. Um, excuse me, Gentlemen, but I believe the President has said on more than one occassion that he intends to pull our troops out of Iraq once the fledgling government is strong enough to defend itself. If they're so worried about exit strategies and timelines, then perhaps they could tell us what our exit strategy and timeline is for, oh I don't know, say, Germany? or maybe Japan? That war was officially ended over 60 years ago and we're still there!

Anyway, I hope your Wednesday is a good one. Have a great rest of the week!

3 comments:

EV said...

Don't get me started on the Senate asking the President to outline his plan for winning in Iraq and submit regular report on progress and next steps.

Maybe they should post signs in front of their homes when they are out of town or on vacation. Go to " http://gop.org/ " to hear sound bites that show the real snakes.

DBFrank said...

Glad you got to get away for some alone time!
Senate... and we elected them. Why?

Manda said...

Hi Bill
I am glad you guys had a good time in Vegas. I know you guys needed it!!! See you in a couple of days...woohoo!!! =)