Tuesday, May 24

Take me out of the ball game...

See, in the never changing world of high priced athletes, it continues to amaze me when someone gets canned because he can't get the job done... and then pitches a fit about the way he's being treated. My basis for this argument? The recent assignment of Danny Graves is what's provoked this latest flurry of wit and insight. For those of you who don't understand baseball as a business, it basically boils down to one simple thing. Despite eight years in the Cincinnati orginization, Danny Graves has been told that his services are no longer required. In other words, he's fired. Okay, maybe that sounds harsh, but the man gets paid a LOT of money to win ball games ( or actually save them for the starting pitcher) and he isn't getting it done. Even in the Marines, if you can't do the job you're history. Don't get me wrong. I have nothing against the man personally. I just want to see my hometown heros win every now and again... especially if they're leading by six runs in the ninth inning.

3 comments:

Robin said...

I hear you on this principle. Getting the job done is what you are getting paid for. If you don't get the job done, you just don't get paid. That's life.

Anonymous said...

Hey - they won today!

Jen said...

Hey Teresa...you should get a blog. You can post pics of all your creations and then sell them!! Then we can be one big happy blogging family.