Thursday, May 5

Cinco de Mayo

I'm just using "Cinco de Mayo" as my title. I don't really have anything relevant to say about today since it looked just like yesterday, and will probably look alot like tomorrow. Check that...

Did you see the news reports about the insurgents who were sent to their final reckoning when they attacked the multi-national forces in Ramadi yesterday? That was us. I guess the bad guys read our battalion logo, "Make Peace or Die" and opted for the latter. Works for me. The more of them we kill the fewer there will be to harass the decent people here who really just want to be left alone to live their own lives, and we can get out of here.v

I saw that Tony Blair is projected to win reelection as PM of England. Once again those who thought that a world leader had committed political suicide by supporting an invasion to rid the world of a despot are being proven wrong. There really are two types of people out there: those who see the world as being a conflict between right and wrong, good and evil, and are willing to take a stand for what they believe in; and those who "report" the news, but actually try to reshape the truth into a version that better fits their world view. Face it, the rest of the world does not think like some who spend their whole careers and even lives living in secluded communities and criticizing absolutely everything. Get over yourself, Hollywood. The terrorists won't attack you because you're not nearly as important as you think you are. If anything, they'd just as soon hire Alec Baldwin to be their spokesman. By the way, didn't he promise (I mean "threaten") to leave the country if President Bush was elected? That was over 4 1/2 years ago... why isn't he gone yet?

End of speech.

I got some pictures today of my kids from my mother in law. She had a great shot of little Leah at Christmas sitting next to her Mommy and completely fascinated with a little doll she'd gotten. It was great. Thanks, "Mom".

No comments: