Sunday, March 30

Lovely weather we're having... NOT!

I hope your weekend was a good one. I attended our 1100 “main” Protestant service, which is labeled as “contemporary” and means that we have a praise band instead of an organist leading the worship music. In fact, the size of the band was pretty impressive. There were three or four guitars and about a ½ dozen singers, plus bass, keyboard, and even a drummer. I’ve already plugged in and made introductions. The bass player is supposed to be going home this week and I’ve already been asked if I could step in. Let me think for a sec… yes! Actually, I was supposed to play bass last night for the 7pm service. I say “supposed to” because when I got there the chaplain told me that the lead guitar/lead singer wasn’t going to be able to make it. He then asked if I could lead the singing. Since I can’t play and sing at the same time, I sang. It went off pretty okay I suppose. While we were practicing, the room got dustier and dustier as a sandstorm blew in. Then, just as the service was getting started, it rained very hard for about 5 minutes. That had the effect of turning everything outside into mud. Ewwww!

Anyway, today is off to a start and I need to get some work done. I do love having the internet connection out here, but I’m looking forward to talking with my family by phone as soon as I get a phone card. Of all the things to forget to bring with me…

Have a great week and thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I'm so excited you're getting to play some music and sing. I know it's a passion of yours and hopefully, if nothing else, it's something to help pass the time.

Things here are good. Soccer and softball season have begun so that's keeping us busy. Hope you're surviving the weather out there. Let us know what you want/need. I'd like to get a little package together to send you. :D Take care!