Sunday, September 17

weekend lite

Well, we had a very windy day yesterday. We officially made it to Typhoon Condition 1C (C is for "Caution", not "Cookie") around 2 o'clock. That meant I had to leave the library where I was and return to my room. It also meant that if I wanted to leave after that (to go to the chow hall, for example) I had to don my flak jacket and kevlar helmet. It seemed extreme to me, but I'm sure had I not done so, I would have either gotten serious grief from the MP's who were on constant patrol in humvees looking for storm related problems, or with my luck, I would've caught a downed power line or something. Fortunately, none of that happened, although the power did go off in the barracks for a couple of hours last night. Let me tell you, when all the machinery shuts off, it gets very quiet with the definite exception of the gusting winds trying to recreate the big bad wolf of 3 Little Pigs fame. It was huffing and puffing to be sure.

Anyway, since it's the weekend and since OSU soundly defeated UC, I'm in a pretty good mood. If you add to that the drumming that "The U" took from Louisville... well, let's just say I was laughing all through the highlights of that game. Hey, 'Canes, don't jump up and down on someone's midfield logo until AFTER you beat them next time. You just made the Cardinals want to beat you that much more, which they did. As Homer (Simpson) would say, "WhooHoo!"

Having said all of that, I come now to the subject of the week. This week's survey asks a question. How well do you remember the music of the 80's?

You Scored 50% Correct

You are a solid child of the 80s
You'd never confuse Tiffany from Debbie
And while you may not know Prince's first #1 hit
You know every word to Little Red Corvette


I'm sure my wife will do very well on this one. How about the rest of you? Have a great week!

4 comments:

Raggedy said...

You Scored 20% Correct

You've heard of the 80s
But you won't be showing up on I Love the 80s anytime soon
You sometimes recognize a hit from the 80s
Usually in the form of a cover song

I did not know the answer to even one question..It was all guessing..hahhaa

Go back a few decades and I would get 100%

Have a wonderful day!
*^_^
(=':'=) hugs
(")_ (")Š from da Cool Raggedy one

Jen said...

That was HARD!!! I loved the "You blinded me with..." *the clap?* Hahaha. I only got 45%. If it had been strict, 'which songs were in which movies, video characters or artists', I would have nailed it. Who really knows who loved the B-52's???

BTW imagery of you walking around in a helmet and kevlar thru the rain is pretty comical.

Love you!!!

Andrea said...

UGH! That was way, way hard. I got a measely 5% right. I guess I was born too close to the 80's to remember what actually happened in them. Are we still on for Saturday? the girls have their games in the morning so 3 will still be good with us if it's good with you. See you then!

Anonymous said...

Homer has some useful quotes, "WhooHoo!", "Doh!", "Where's the ANY key?" :)

Thanx for stopping by and thoughtful comment Bill.