Saturday, September 9

Not even close

All the pre-game hype...
It's Number 1 visiting Number 2...
It's a rematch of last year's game...
This could have National Title implications...
Ohio State lost more than 1/2 of their starting defense to the NFL draft...
Texas has 9 starters returning on their offense...
Texas has scored in at least 10 points every game since 1997...

Final score?

The visiting Buckeyes from The Ohio State University: 24
The hometown Longhorns from The University of Texas: 7

Can you feel that? It's the winds of destiny. I think they may be starting to swirl in Columbus. The Hawkeyes of Iowa will be a major test, but I have faith that Jim Tressel will lead the longtime friends Smith and Ginn to a very successful season. I sure hope so anyway. As long as the Buckeys remain number 1 I have a good chance of seeing them play ball.

Lest we forget...

I was going to do a tribute post to the events of 5 years ago, but Mike has created such a well written post on his site that I would just encourage you to go there and read what he had to say.

Also, please visit my wife and let her know that she is not alone out there. She's had an interesting week to say the least and could use your support.

Have a good week and remember; It may be God's job to forgive Osama bin Laden, but it's our job to arrange the meeting. (Saw that on a bumper sticker.)

4 comments:

Raggedy said...

Happy 100th post. Great List!
I still have not done the 100 or figured out how to side bar it.
If you find out let me know.
I like the bumper sticker..

Have a wonderful day!
*^_^
(=':'=) hugs
(")_ (")Š from da Cool Raggedy one

Anonymous said...

I missed the game. Thanx for stopping by, the comment and the plug, Bill!

Fred said...

I'm still crying over the way the Bucs lost. Bench Simms.

Judy said...

Hi Bill!
Hope you are well.

Let's not even talk about that game last weekend, okay?

We're all pulling out our copies of Sports Illustrated and dusting off of our game tapes from January here in Central Texas.