Monday, April 25

This, That, and T'other

Well, I was going to copy this list from my wife's blog and just change the answers for myself. You know, like those annoying chain mail letters I keep getting that ask me for my favorite drink and what-not (anything that's not warm water, by the way)? But as soon as I started going through it, I realized it's completely designed for the softer side of the human race. After all, I don't wear a bra and I don't wear perfume (although I'm sure there are people who think I should do both, but that's another entry) so I can't answer those "questions" with any integrity.

Therefore, I'll just pitch a fit about the weather again. Two days ago the mercury rose to 100 degrees on the Fahrenheit scale, then yesterday started out nice and toasty (about 95F) before a big dust storm rolled through and covered my sweat soaked clothes in a fine layer of mud. Then today it rained. Yes, you read that right. It does actually rain out here, amazingly enough. I'm not really looking forward to tomorrow. I'm thinking it's going to be hot again, which will only serve to make it sticky as the water on the ground evaporates and drives the humidity up. But, I'm not a meteorologist, so I may be well off base about that (knock on wood).

I did learn that my daughter is getting closer and closer to taking her first real steps. My only regret is that I can't be there to see it and cheer her on, like I did with my boy. I'll be there for her most important steps, though... first day of school... across the stage to get her diploma... off to college... down the aisle to get married... (By the way, little one, I'm only doing that one once.) Fortunately I was still home when she cut her first teeth, so that's something, and my wife is keeping me pretty up-to-date with pictures and other communications. Thank God for this technology. This would not have been even remotely possible the last time I was out here.

No comments: