Thursday, February 17

What do I pack?

Well, tomorrow is "embark day" meaning that we'll be putting all of our gear together for shipment to our home away from home for most of this year. Not really that big of a deal for me. I spoke with one of my seniors who recently returned from the area where we're heading and he said that as long as I have a couple of references and the data disk they came up with for deployments, I should be golden. Cool, I've already got those. I figure that, plus my experience in being deployed in somewhat less than ideal circumstances should make this a little easier to handle. I actually feel worse about Jen and the kids. I won't be able to keep the TV on to the liberal news media like she'll be able to do. All I have left is to actually put all of my gear and extra stuff in my pack and seabag, and I should be set. We'll see how tomorrow goes before I get super nervous. I do have a Marine getting ready to reenlist tomorrow and two on Friday. After that, I'll probably just shut the office down and pack up to get out of the way for whoever it is that's taking over our building once we pull chocks and go.

No comments: