Sunday, February 20

Two cents

On Friday(I think) I sent this link to my sister and she wrote me back saying...

I think that all these people who are so against this war with what seems to be a righteous indignation really have no clue and should talk to the folks who are actually fighting the war before making their judgements. All I hear about around work is how awful this all is and how evil and we shouldn't be involved and yadda yadda yadda. And don't get me wrong, it IS awful...but we're there now and it would be irresponsible of us to just stop working at the job set before us. Coworkers don't understand how I'm NOT against this effort since my brother is a marine... I tell them it's BECAUSE he's a Marine that I'm supportive. By shouting about the injustice of our actions, we're in effect telling our soldiers that their jobs do not matter and that they themselves are evil for participating in this "evil"event. And I just can't stomach that. If we REALLY want to support our military, then we need to get behind their efforts 100% instead of fighting the funding and preaching against their actions. Just my two cents....

Thanks, Sis.

By the way, after watching that piece about blogging getting people fired, I would just like to point out that my sister did not authorize me to copy this to my blog and should not be held accountable if any of her co-workers are too wussy to be proud of what they said.

Also, did anyone stop to consider that when their comments against America and her actions are generalized in surveys and published by the anti-Bush/anti-America media that it only encourages those who seek to do us harm? Think about it. If you told me that I shouldn't eat red meat while wearing you're wearing a leather jacket, what kind of message does that send? Same idea with "Support our Troops, not the War." Anybody who encourages war and actively seeks it (like Saddam did for 30 years) should be removed from power. There's a creed in the Corps...

"While nobody likes to fight, we are firmly committed to the belief that somebody has to know how."

Anyway, my wife sent me a link to this site and I thought I'd pass it along.

That's my two cents and "That's the bottom line!" as Steve Austin would say.

No comments: