Thursday, April 30

100 days... that's it?

Twelve billion dollars a DAY... that's how much the new administration has cost the American taxpayer. That's two dollars for every person on the PLANET. When the American people voted for change, I'd be willing to bet 8.5% of the working population were not thinking that they'd be looking for change as in, "Hey, Buddy, got a quarter?" We have been blessed in this current downturn because of my current occupation which guarantees a paycheck, albeit a modest one, for the next few years. Am I upset about taxes targeting the "rich" people? Well, yeah! I hope to be one of those people some day and I don't want to pay any more taxes than I have to. Here's a thought... everyone pays a flat 10% on gross income and a flat 5% sales tax. If you require emergency services such as fire or EMT assistance, then the responding department will charge your insurance to recover their costs. That would have the impact of rewarding those of us who are careful and encourage more people to be responsible for their action.

So, did anyone watch the press conference last night? I didn't and there's really one simple reason... he's on TV all the time. When the POTUS is on TV and/or radio every day there's nothing special about it. It's like living in San Diego. When I can wake up most every morning to a gorgeous SoCal day with awesome weather, I tend to take it for granted. When I KNOW the President is going to make a press release of some sort, then I no longer bother to watch. Doesn't he have a spokesperson, or did all of his candidates have to bow out because they "forgot" to pay their taxes?

It's been 100 days and I have a hangover...

1 comment:

Bill said...

I had to delete the one comment left here and add comment verification because some anonymous bastard left his (or her) entire blog as a flippin 'comment' on this post. Dude (or Dude-ette), get your own blog!