Friday, May 26

Memorial Day



For the men and women who have gone before
Who fought for victory on foreign shores.
And even if they never went to war
They were proud of the uniform they wore.



This weekend is for us all
Their memories and stories to recall
We are right to stand with heads held high
For this privilege, (too) many have died.



There are warriors whose stories will never be told
The honor they have is theirs alone
But for others, the story carries on
Whether on foreign shores, or here at home.



Through memorials like a cross on a hill
Or a simple portrait hung in a home
We must honor those who have paid the price
Our freedom comes from their sacrifice
Though some may fight and their blood may spill
They must know they are never alone.



Even as I prepare to go
This one small comfort is there for me
I have a job to do and so
Please watch over my family



I thank God each and every day
For this chance to live the American Way
Which means, in Freedom do I write
And wish you all a Happy Memorial Day

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent, Bill. Hey buddy, I thought you quit posting? My blog relocated to: http://exscientia.wordpress.com if you'd like to update a link. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Oops, I see you did already - thanks!

Raggedy said...

I cam for a visit from Steel's. Please head over to my blog for memorial day senitment. Thank you for your service! Have a wonderful day!

Raggedy said...

*grrr I hate typos, I came over for a visit.

Fred said...

Nice post, Bill. Well done.

Bill said...

Thanks, guys for the comments. I didn't really ever quit, just kinda fell off the wagon for a bit ;-)