Tuesday, March 14

school daze

I've been at this academy for a little over a week now and I've hit my limit... my brain is full, can I go home now? Actually, it's not that bad, but today was nothing but classes. For those of you who may not be familiar with military training, just about every lesson is taught by the lecture method. Now, since we're all professionals, most of our classes are actually taught using the "informal lecture" method with lots of class participation. Well, sometimes that happens and sometimes it doesn't. Today's classes were full of good information... they were just looooong! We only had three lessons and it took all day to get through them. Oh, and of course there's a test scheduled covering all this material. When's the test? Monday... 6:30 (am). Oh, speaking of tests... we took our first comprehensive exam ("comp") yesterday. Fifty questions covering the lessons we were taught last week. I scored a 98% on it which means I missed one stupid question. You know, I thought I did, and as soon as my faculty advisor told me what my score was I knew what question I'd missed, too. Oh well. I'll just have to make sure that's the last question I miss on a comp if I want to make the honor roll (top 3) and have a chance at winning the sword awarded to the Marine with the highest GPA at the end of the course. Maybe I should stop typing on this blog and get to studying...



Let me just catch a quick nap first...

6 comments:

Manda said...

He is so dang cute!!! I can't wait for moments like that!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, that sword is as good as yours. Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

Duke_of_Earle said...

Precious picture! I'd enjoy a picture of that sword hanging on your wall after the course, too.

John

Jumpin' On My Last Nerve said...

He's a cutie! And good luck on your classes. I hear we may get to see you guys this summer - yeah! It is about time we got all our little ones together.

Laura said...

Or how about sending soldiers off to play war in some godforsaking swamp for a month, only to be going back to the real war the next?
*shaking my head on that one*

Chevy Rose said...

Precious, just precious.

Oh, and good luck on your test.